Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Uncle Diaries (continued)

I like to think that pro wrestling has made me a better uncle.

When I pick him up, I always make sure to point out the couch, look around, and pause to let him drink in the moment before I powerbomb him onto the cushions.

Of course, he usually pops right back up and points to the OTHER couch, wanting me to do the same on every piece of furniture in the room. Way to make my offence look bad, kid.

That's our game.

He points to the couch he wants and says, "Dat."

I point at the same couch: "That one?"

He says, "K."

I plant him into the cushions. He rolls over and points at the couch on the other side of the room.

"Dat."

I point to it. "That one?"

"K."

Powerbomb. Rinse, repeat.

This kid is doing wonders for my core strength.

*  *  *

UNCLE DIARIES BONUS - A NEPHEW-TO-ENGLISH DICTIONARY

Dat: That.

K: Yes. Agreed. Ok.

Nononononono: I respectfully decline.

YoYo: E-I-E-I-O.

Of course none of them matches my favorite sounds--the shrieks of laughter when I chase him around the couch. And sometimes, when he makes no noise at all, but instead climbs into my lap and hands me a book to read to him...well, in its on way, that's a pretty fulfilling sound too.

 Upcoming Meditation Instruction (see website for details)
Saturday, April 6 - Strathcona Library, Edmonton (10:30am)
Sunday, April 21 - Strathcona Library, Edmonton (2:00 pm)
Sunday, May 5 - Strathcona Library, Edmonton (2:00 pm)


Upcoming Wrestling
Friday, April 19- RCW, Royal Canadian Legion - Calgary
Saturday, April 20 - RCW - Glengarry Community Hall - Edmonton

Writing
The Compassionate Degenerate's Hungry Ghost Cafe

Dan's writing on Dating and relationships can be found at thegatewayboyfriend.blogspot.com

Check out this link for information on how to get Dan's Dating for Shy Guys ebook

No comments: